Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lunch with old friends




   So one of my girlfriend's, Kerry, from high school in Jamaica gave me a call Last week. She said that she had randomly ran into another one of our girlfriends from school back home. So, she wanted to know if I had plans for Saturday. She thought it would be a good idea to do a little get together and have lunch at Dallas BBQ's in time square.

   Lucky for me it was my weekend off and my date night was on Friday verses Saturday(dates you say huh?!?! They've been going well and I have a blog coming soon about fashion and food my last date night). So I was happy to oblige and attend giving me a chance to catch up with friends that I haven't seen in a while.

   You know there are a lot of us who went to high-school BIG UP MEADOWBROOK HIGH !!!! In Jamaica that are living here now, a good amount in New York alone. I think it's good for us, when we come from a small place and relocate to a bigger one to form a unit with the people we know, we mesh a little better you know were from the same place and for the most part of the same mindset. Its good for us to get together find out whats going on with each other and network with each other.


   I guess I realize I have a much better relationship with my Jamaican Friends than any of my American, now please don't get offended and don't think I don't love you, I'm just stating the facts. There's just something different about our connection when we make a true one. Now don't get me wrong we come across back stabbers and girls who try to do us dirty too, but when you have your real friend you notice a lot of your real life moments throughout your whole lifetime where they were there for you whether physically present or not. For my best friend and I some of the times where we supported each other the most have been times that I've been here in America and her in Jamaica.

   Since it was time square that we were meeting I decided I would definitely take the train. I love a ride on the metro north it gives me time to sit and write my blog like I'm doing now lol, catch up on a good book  or just relax while I take some pictures, and enjoy the view down through the Bronx, past Harlem and into the heart of the city. It always gets me in a sex in the city vibe don't ask me why. I ordered a long sleeve multi colored striped shirt online at Piper lime and was dying to pair it up with some jeans for the fall. As much as summer is over I have a hard time letting go of color, so this little number was perfect for me I paired it with tan suede wedges since I knew I'd be walking and needed comfort and toted my big tan handbag so I'd have all the things I needed for a city run. As well as space to carry whatever surprise purchase I was sure to make.

   The train however put me a little behind but I finally got there. Kerry, Dana and Talethia where already there so I quickly put in my order and got to drinking as to catch up with the ladies, we had a nice lunch and it was great to catch up with everyone and see how they were doing as well as think back to old times. They all look great at it reminded me that we all had one thing in common we all come from a great institution its very rare that I see past meadow brook student's not striving and doing well. It made me fell that we were well equipped to take on lives obstacles and still come out on top.

 Well, here are some pictures of my outfit as well as some pics from my lunch date with my high school friends. Until next blog kisses n hugs.








Middle of Time Square with my hot pink pants


Naked cowboy in the middle of the street singing and dancing for tips


Painted naked lady


from left to right Kerry-Ann, Myself, Talethia, Dana


Us again happy girls love selfless 

I tried to take his pic so I gave him a dollar he said get over here we gonna have some fun lol .Why the hell not if he can find humor while being on the street why can't I humor him? However I just need change for beer and pizza and maybe more of a martini than a beer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment